Aintree Grand National Betting Odds: Your Complete Guide
Think of horse racing in the UK and you’ll likely think of the Grand National. It’s one of the most popular races to bet on and whether you’re experienced or placing your very first bet it’s one of the most exciting days of the year.
If you’re looking to bet on the Grand National then we’re always worth playing with here at Oddsmanager.co.uk We’ll bring you all our top tips and the latest Aintree Grand National betting odds in the build up, as well as all you need to know about it on this very page.
We’ve been placing bets on the Grand National for many years and know all there is to know about the event. Below you’ll find a series of top tips and things you should know about betting on the Grand National.
Aintree Grand National Tips: Backing A Winner
Of course, one of the first things you’re going to want to know is how to pick a winner!
The Grand National can be a lucrative race to bet on and there’s plenty you need to take into account to give you the best chance of winning.
Below you’ll find some of the more important aspects you should take note of before placing your bets.
- Form: Form is naturally hugely important, with many trainers giving horses a few run outs prior to the Grand National to find form ahead of it. The horses in good form ahead of the race will of course be much more desirable to back.
- Course & Distance: Last year Tiger Roll proved the horse to back having already shown he was capable of winning over course and distance the year before. Horses who are used to the distance are always better prospects than those that are new. In a sizeable field and intense set of jumps, those stepping up can often find it too much to ask.
- Trainer/Jockey: Experienced jockeys and trainers will know exactly what it takes to succeed in the Grand National so it’s worth keeping an eye on their horses.
- Weather/Ground: The condition of the ground will always have a say in how a race will go. Check the conditions of the Aintree course and pair the horse your backing based upon how well they perform in the same conditions. Some horses enjoy it on the soft, some struggle. This should hugely be taken into account when placing your bets.
- Insider Tips: Every publication will have pundits and tipsters offer advice on the Grand National. They’re all worth taking into account, including our very own Grand National predictions. It’ll give you insight into what you otherwise wouldn’t know, such as information from inside the stables and what the trainers are saying.
Aintree Grand National Horses: The Contenders
All year round you’ll find odds on the Grand National horses. The runners and riders won’t be confirmed until much closer to the race and we’ll ensure we’ll keep you completely up to date with the later odds.
Below you’ll find the current rumoured runners for the Grand National 2020 alongside their odds with Paddy Power…
- Tiger Roll: 8/1
- Burrows Saint: 20/1
- Native River: 25/1
- Magic Of Light: 33/1
- Rathvinden: 33/1
- Elegant Escape: 33/1
- Anibale Fly: 33/1
- Pleasant Company: 33/1
- Cadmium: 33/1
- Any Second Now: 33/1
Aintree Grand National Live Stream: How To Watch The Race
The Grand National is broadcast all over the world and in the UK can be watched in a number of ways.
You’ll find an Aintree Grand National live stream through various bookmakers including the likes of William Hill, Coral, Ladbrokes and Betfred. The race is available through their desktop and mobile apps and all you need to do to watch the race is place a qualifying bet on the race, usually a minimum of £1.
As well as that, ITV will also be showing the race live with a considerable amount of Grand National coverage across the festival.
Aintree Grand National 2020 Date: When You Can Watch The Race
The Grand National takes place in April every year and the 2020 edition will be held on Saturday April 4.
The race will start at 5.15pm after a full day of racing and is the main event of the Grand National Festival which takes place from Thursday April 2 until Grand National Day.