Coronavirus is affecting sport worldwide and a large number of leagues and tournaments have now been suspended.
In turn it’s had a significant impact on sports betting. With the spread of coronavirus betting will see fewer and fewer markets available.
Here at Oddsmanager we’ll keep you in the loop of all the latest coronavirus sports news and updates as they come in.
How Coronavirus is affecting UK Sport
A large number of competitions and events have now been suspended until further notice. Professional football in the UK has been significantly impacted, while sports such as cricket, rugby and darts have also been affected. Below you’ll find a list of the major UK competitions and their current status:
- Premier League, EFL & WSL: Postponed until April 3, earliest.
- England Cricket: Tour of Sri Lanka cancelled.
- Six Nations: Suspended until further notice.
London Marathon: Postponed until October.
How Coronavirus is affecting world sports
Sport around the world is also being dramatically affected.
Among the latest events to be cancelled or suspended are:
- Australian, Bahrain & Vietnam Grand Prix: Called off with season beginning in May.
- Champions League & Europa League: Games suspended week beginning March 16.
- La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A & Ligue 1: Suspended until further notice.
- The Masters: Postponed until further notice.
- PGA Tour: Suspended until further notice.
- NHL & NBA: Suspended
MLB: Opening day delayed by at least two weeks.