Advertiser Disclosure: We want to bring you the best content and the best offers. Just so you know, we may collect compensation from the links on this page and some of our reviewers are compensated for contributing content to this website.
Odds Manager’s SportNation Review
SportNation is a bit of a new kid on the block when it comes to sports betting in the UK, but they’ve done a great job in creating a website and ambience that really sets it apart from others on the market.
Let’s sink our teeth into the SportNation review to see what all the fuss is about.
SportNation Pros & Cons
- A great rewards program that should appeal to bettors of all sizes.
- A fresh, vibrant website that is packed with colour at every corner.
- A healthy range of free bet promotions for existing customers.
- Live streaming on horse racing in both the UK and abroad.
- There is a distinct lack of deposit options, with SportNation payments limited to just debit cards and PayPal.
- Live customer support is only available for 12 hours a day, while their average email response time is 48 hours, so you could be left waiting if you have issues.
- The live streaming offering could do with some more depth.
SportNation lived a previous life as Bet on Brazil, but in 2017 they rebranded to the much more inclusive name of SportNation, which is not to be confused with the ESPN fan forum show of the same name.
If you’re wondering what the whole “Brazil” thing is about, it’s because former Manchester United and Scotland footballer Alan Brazil was the firm’s frontman, before they decided that mediocre talk show hosts weren’t cool anymore.
SportNation Welcome Offer
Okay, let’s put the Alan Brazil trivia to one side and get to the good stuff.
Or should I say the “meh” stuff. SportNation’s welcome offer is a rather paltry Bet £10 and get a £50 free bet. It’s fine, we’ll take it, but when you want to make a splash in the bookmaker pond you need to take a dive from a higher platform. Know what I mean?
How To Claim The Welcome Offer At SportNation
The good news is it’s nice and easy to get your hands on the SportNation free bet bonus:
- First up, click CLAIM at the top of the review and saunter over to the SportNation website.
- Create your shiny new SportNation account and make a £10 deposit.
- Place a £10 bet at odds of at least 4/5, or 1.8 if you’re a decimal dude.
- Once the qualifying bet has settled, you’ll have a £50bet nestling in your account. Not bad for a few minutes’ work!
So, while the new customer offer isn’t anything to get too excited about, it’s a relatively straightforward bonus to take advantage of and is well worth taking up so you can drink in a site that has its own unique take on betting.
SportNation User Experience
As far as sign-up forms go you would be hard-pressed to find a bad one these days and SportNation adopts a fairly regulation three-step form that is easy to work through.
Once on board you may need a minute or two to acclimatise yourself with a website that is smattered with an assortment of bright colours and flashy promotions.
It may be a white label interface, but SportNation have been proactive in attempting to create a site that at least looks different to the rest of the pack.
The site’s collection of yellows, oranges and browns make for an immersive platform that keeps you aesthetically nourished.
A flashy site is one thing, but if new bookmakers are going to stay the course, they need competitive odds to keep in touch with the big boys.
SportNation benefits from some of the best football odds on the market, while also staying competitive in an array of other sports.
If you’re a fan of in-play betting then you will be impressed with SportNation’s smooth, highly responsive live betting interface, with decent odds to boot!
SportNation Promos & Offers
One of the most impressive facets of SportNation is that they take care of existing customers with an excellent rewards program that incentivises regular punters of all stake sizes.
Alongside that, you also have a nice selection of promotions and bonus offers if you meet certain staking requirements. Let’s take a look at a few examples:
New Customer Offer Example
- Bet £10 and get a £50free bet once your initial punt has settled.
Ongoing Customer Offer Examples
- Bet on selected football matches and get your stake back as a free bet if your team has a winner disallowed by VAR.
- Get a free acca every week when you spend £10 on 20p roulette.
- Bag yourself 10 free spins on a selected slot if you bet at least £25 on Premier League games on a Sunday. Forget the day of rest, more like the day of best (promos)!
SportNation Sports & Markets
I can’t believe it! SportNation haven’t got ANY football markets!
Just kidding. Of course they have.
SportNation has all the main sporting markets covered, combined with a few edgy offerings such as Gaelic hurling and beach volleyball.
Our top three sports for betting on SportNation are:
- Football – An excellent in-play interface, highly competitive odds on bread and butter markets, and casino bonuses revolving around regular football punting.
- Horse Racing – SportNation have recently introduced live streaming on horse racing on UK shores and abroad, while best odds are guaranteed on all British and Irish meetings.
- Tennis – The smooth interface comes into its own on when betting on tennis, with easy navigation between matches and menus allowing for quick placing of bets between points.
SportNation App & Mobile
You can tell SportNation has taken site navigation seriously on all devices, with a responsive mobile site to go alongside its sleek desktop mothership.
However, at the time of writing we were unable to find a SportNation app on the Apple store. What’s that about?!
No such problem for Android users, however, as there is an app tucked away on the Play Store for all your betting-on-the-go needs.
What’s Missing On SportNation?
I’m glad you asked! First and foremost, the lack of an iPhone app is a big blind spot and needs to be addressed as soon as possible.
Live support between the hours of 10am-10pm means SportNation only have 50% coverage of potential customer hiccups. 24-hour support is an essential step for bookmakers wanting to make the leap from middle of the road to top of the class.
Finally, SportNation need to take a look at opening up their range of deposit methods. Currently, players can only deposit via debit card or PayPal, which, when compared with other bookies, is nowhere near good enough.
SportNation – Our Rating
On the whole, we’re big fans! SportNation delivers a fresh, unique site and has the substance to back it up, in the form of competitive odds and solid existing customer promotions.
However, SportNation is held back by a couple of things that we would put down to experience and time in the market.
First up, their customer service game needs stepping up a notch or two. 12-hour daily coverage is not enough in 2021 and bettors in the small hours won’t stick around if they have to wait until 10am the next morning for a response.
A glaring lack of deposit methods, as well as no sign of an app for iPhone, means we have to give SportNation a rating of 3.5 stars out of 5.
SportNation - FAQ
SportNation has a lovely in-play interface, while the overall look of the site gives SportNation its own unique identity.
You bet it is! See what I did there? No? Okay. But yes, SportNation is kitted out with all the shiny regulatory stuff it needs to put your compliance minds at ease.
SportNation have recently entered the live streaming space and have decent coverage of horse racing across the globe. However, there isn’t too much to speak of outside racing.
SportNation have tied in a lot of their promos with regular casino play, which will tick boxes for some players, but not others. Football has some decent free bet and money-back offers, while you can get guaranteed best odds on all UK and Irish horse racing.