The King of Twitter, Paddy Power, is firmly established as one of the big guns of bookmaking, so we’ve checked them out to give you the lowdown on what they’re good at… and what they’re not so good at.
At Odds Manager we’re all about the odds, so we’re most interested in Paddy Power’s online betting markets and level of coverage. But we’ve also scoped out their full site and app to see what they actually have to offer. So read on for our full Paddy Power review…
Paddy Power Pros & Cons
- A great range of competitive odds.
- Tempting daily price boosts on popular sporting events.
- Live streaming of some of your favourite sports (including horse racing).
- Heaps of ongoing customer offers such as Paddy’s Reward Club.
- Limited live streaming of football.
- Using the app can feel a bit clunky.
About Paddy Power
Paddy Power began life in Dublin in 1988 and quickly grew to be Ireland’s favourite bookmaker.
Since teaming up with Betfair they’re now many people’s go-to bookmaker with their exciting variety of betting markets and tasty promos.
They’ve also great Twitter game.
Paddy Power Welcome Offer
Many bookmakers offer you a Free Bet when you join but Paddy being Paddy, likes to mix things up a bit.
Currently, they’re offering all new customers a £20 RISK FREE BET – a cracking sign-up offer that’s quick and easy to do.
How to Claim the Welcome Offer at Paddy Power
- Click CLAIM above to take you to the Paddy Power website.
- Create a new account using the code ‘YSKA00’.
- Deposit money into your account.
- Place a bet on any market and if it loses, Paddy will refund you up to £20 in real cash (which you can either withdraw or use on another bet) and if your bet’s a winner, the cash is all yours.
Although it’s a simple offer, always read those T&Cs as some deposit options – such as Skrill – aren’t eligible.
Paddy Power User Experience
Joining Paddy Power is a drama-free process. They just need your personal details and a copy of your ID to show that you’re 18 or over, and away you go.
They accept a number of deposit options, the most popular ones are debit card or PayPal.
Placing a bet on the desktop and mobile sites, or through the app, is simple to do – add your selection to the bet-slip, enter your stake and place that bet. Withdrawals are also speedy and secure – your money goes right back to wherever you deposited from.
Paddy Power Odds
Paddy Power offers a great selection of pre-game and in-play markets on a whole range of events.
On some football matches they offer over 150 different betting markets – plenty to get stuck in to.
Their standard betting odds tend to be in-line with other major bookmakers, but they do offer a number of juicy daily ‘Power Prices’ on various events, including horse racing and football. These can be a great way to nab some extra value on Premier League matches so they’re well worth checking out.
Paddy Power Promos & Offers
Paddy offers great sign-up bonuses and plenty of decent ongoing promos for all their customers.
New Customer Offer Examples
- A risk free bet (such as up to £20 back if your first bet loses).
- A free bet offer (such as bet £10 and get a £20 free bet).
Ongoing Customer Offer Examples
- A free bet on a specific football match such as the Champions League Final.
- Paddy’s Rewards Club offers you a free bet once you’ve placed five bets in a week.
- Place a bet on a specific horse race and receive an odds boost on your horse.
Paddy Power Sports & Markets
Paddy Power offers a superb range of betting markets on par with other leading brands.
Paddy’s favourite sports are:
Football – you’ll find all the big European leagues plus the lower UK and Irish leagues for all those ‘pub league’ fans.
Horse Racing – the main focus is the UK and Irish action but they also cover South African, Australian and US racing to keep you racing fans happy throughout the day and night.
Rugby – with Ireland being an egg-chasing powerhouse, Paddy Power offers great rugby betting opportunities. Gaelic Sports – Paddy’s Irish roots means they also specialise in some Gaelic sports such as hurling, that you won’t find at other brands.
Paddy Power App & Mobile
Like all the bookmaking big boys, Paddy Power offers a mobile site and app, allowing you to quickly and easily bet from your couch, the pub or the toilets at work.
Their mobile site and app are a bit clunky to navigate – definitely not the gold standard – but Paddy’s gets the job done and that’s the main thing.
Paddy Power – Our Rating
Although not everyone is a fan of their social media antics, it’s hard not to like Paddy Power as a bookmaker.
We certainly do, and think they offer a cracking new customer bonus, a solid betting experience and tasty ongoing promotions for existing customers – the three things we want most from any bookmaker.
Overall, we give Paddy Power a rating of 4.5 out of 5.