Arguably the UK’s biggest bookmaker, Ladbrokes has been one of the best-known and most well-respected names in the betting game for over a century.
But how do they stack up when it comes to the things that mean the most to savvy punters, such as site navigation, range of markets, new and existing customer promotions, as well as those all-important odds?
Read on for our full Ladbrokes review.
Ladbrokes Pros & Cons
- Unrivalled range of sports.
- Excellent selection of existing customer offers.
- Seamless link between your online account and high street branches.
- Massive amount of in-play options.
- One of the few bookmakers to have an Exchange.
- The amount of information on the site can be overwhelming.
- Betting on future events could be easier.
Ladbrokes is the UK’s oldest bookmaker, having been set up way back in 1886.
It’s also arguably the biggest, thanks to a merger with rivals Coral in 2016, and their deep pockets are reflected in the enormous amount of sports you can bet on and the huge amount of offers and odds boosts throughout their site.
Ladbrokes Welcome Offer
Sign up for a new Ladbrokes betting account and bet £5 at odds of 1/2 or better and you will be rewarded with four £5 free bets.
How to Claim the Welcome Offer at Ladbrokes
- Click CLAIM on this page and head to the Ladbrokes website.
- Create a new account and make a deposit.
- Place a bet of at least £5 at odds of 1/2 or higher within 14 days of opening your account and you’ll be credited with four £5 free bets.
- Free bets will need to be placed within seven days of receiving them and the value of the free bet won’t be included in any winnings.
That’s the long and short of it but make sure you read the T&C’s as well for full details.
The Ladbrokes User Experience
It’s simple to join Ladbrokes, you just need to pick a username and password and then fill in your name and address.
You can then deposit by debit card, Paypal, Trustly or paysafecard.
But don’t forget you can’t make any deposits by credit card, even through PayPal.
Finding the sport you want to bet on is made easy by a clear home screen on both the desktop site and the app.
The only small gripe we have is that if you are betting on future events rather than what’s happening today, there are probably a few more clicks involved than there should be.
But once you’ve found your market, placing a bet on the desktop and mobile sites is also easy to do – click on your selection and your bet will pop up on screen in the betting slip.
Then you just need to add any more bets, enter your stake and then place the bet!
Checking your open and settled bets, making a withdrawal and looking at your banking history is also easily accessed on desktop and mobile by clicking on the head silhouette at the top right of the screen.
And when you do make a withdrawal, you should have the money in the same account you deposited from within two days.
But one big advantage of betting with Ladbrokes is that you have the added option of collecting your winnings in-store if you sign up to “The Grid” scheme.
And you can even use online funds to bet in your local branch as well.
Overall, the Ladbrokes user experience gets a big thumbs up from us!
As you would expect from a betting behemoth such as Ladbrokes, their range of pre-game and in-play markets is superb.
On some football matches we found almost 200 different markets to get your teeth into.
And when a Bulgarian second division match has 49 in-play options, you can imagine how many would be on offer for the bigger games!
The odds themselves are in line with most other bookmakers, but you get the feeling that being best in class when it comes to odds is not a priority for Ladbrokes.
However, this is more than compensated for by the number of odds boosts on offer each and every day.
Ladbrokes Promos & Offers
Ladbrokes offer a generous sign-up bonus and a hatful of ongoing offers for existing customers.
New Customer Offer Example
- Bet a minimum of £5 and receive four £5 free bets.
Ongoing Customer Offer Examples
- Multiple odds boosts on specific markets every day, across a wide range of sports.
- At least one odds boost a day for punters to use as they please.
- Extra places offered on selected horse races every day.
- Acca boosts as standard as well as Acca insurance, consoling you with a free bet up to £10 if one of your selections lets you down.
- “The Grid” scheme, which not only rewards customers with a raft of special offers but allows you to bet in-store with your online funds, as well as collecting online winnings.
Ladbrokes Sports & Markets
Quite simply, you won’t find a bigger range of sports to bet on than on the Ladbrokes site.
Don’t believe us? Well go and have a Chess accumulator followed by a dabble on who wins the Nobel Peace Prize and see if you change your mind!
And when it comes to the most popular sports, punters are also spoiled for choice:
Football – All the big European leagues are present and correct, but you can also bet on football competitions on every continent.
Horse Racing – As well as the UK and Irish action, Ladbrokes also covers French, South African, USA, Puerto Rican and Guatemalan (yes, Guatemalan) racing.
Ladbrokes App & Mobile
The Ladbrokes app and mobile site are worthy companions to the desktop site.
When you first open the app, all the information you need is right there in front of you and everything else is clearly signposted.
Navigating is smooth, but you do have to swipe left and right much more than many of the other betting apps, which might feel strange at first.
But the Tinder generation should be used to that!
Ladbrokes – Our Rating
One of the UK’s best-known bookmakers is not resting on their laurels, because the user experience across their online platforms is first-rate from beginning to end.
And when it comes to the things that mean most to punters, Ladbrokes’ range of sports and markets is exceptional, they have a great range of existing customer offers and a terrific amount of in-play and streaming options.
Overall, we give Ladbrokes a top rating of 4.5 out of 5.